Middlesex University London is pleased to announce the British Council MSc Scholarships for Women in STEM for the 2023/24 academic year.
In partnership with the British Council, Middlesex University London is offering 5/6 fully funded scholarships for female students studying on an eligible programme from the one of the countries list below.
The Scholarships aim to support girls and women who are under-represented in STEM. Applicants will be required to demonstrate their financial need and how they would inspire future generations of women to pursue a career in STEM.
Applicants should be from East Asia (Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam) .
The following course are eligible for the British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM:
MSc Data Science - Department of Computer Science
MSc Computer Science - Department of Computer Science
MSc Business Information Systems Management - Department of Computer Science
MSc Intelligent Telecommunications Engineering - Department of Design Engineering and Mathematics
MSc Engineering Management - Department of Design Engineering and Mathematics
MSc Robotics - Department of Design Engineering and Mathematics
To apply for a British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM, you mush
- be a woman (cis-gendered or trans) or identify as non-binary
- be a passport holder and permanent resident of Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam
- be available to commence your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2023
- have completed your undergraduate degree or have all components of an undergraduate degree to date that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at Middlesex University London by the time you submit your application
- meet the English language requirement for your programme or pass the Pre-Sessional English Programme at Middlesex University London
- have not previously studied at degree level or higher in the UK or lived recently in the UK
- demonstrate a case for financial need
- be motivated and academically able to follow and benefit from a UK postgraduate taught course
- demonstrate your interest in the programme you are applying for and that you are active in your chosen field
- demonstrate that you are willing to contribute in the future to capacity-building and socio-economic advancement through the benefits achieved after graduating from Middlesex University London
- agree to maintain contact with the British Council and act as an ambassador for the UK and engage with activities as part of a Scholarships for Women in STEM alumnus during and after your study in the UK. Any involvement in these activities during your study in the UK will take up no more than five hours per term.
- demonstrate in your application a plan and a passion to engage other women and girls in STEM from your home country
Step 1: Apply an MSc Course Here (if you haven't done so yet)
Step 2: Submit an application form either using an online Scholarship Application Form or Download the WORD Form .
The deadline to apply is 23 April 2023 whereby the intervewing is expected to take place between 3-7 May 2023.
Each scholarship covers full tuition fees, NHS+visa fees, a monthly stipend for a year and a return flight (economic fare). It also covers other related costs including the IELTS exam fee and pre-sessional English course if applicable. Additional funding is available if scholars have caring responsibilities.
There will be 6 MSc Scholarships in this cohort.
You must agree for your personal data to be shared with the British Council, who will be jointly responsible with Middlesex University London for allocating the scholarships.
Please email any team members STEMScholarships@mdx.ac.uk with "Women in STEM" as the subject header if you have any question.