Middlesex University London is pleased to announce the British Council Early Academic Fellowships for Women in STEM for the 2023/24 academic year.
In partnership with the British Council, Middlesex University London is hosting 4.5 (12-month each) fully funded Fellowships for female post-docs to join in one of the following research groups as a visiting scholar.
The Fellowships aim to support girls and women from East Asia (Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippnies, Thailand, Vietnam) who have received their PhD within the last 12 months.
AI in Medical applications, Machine Learning, Computer Vision - Department of Computer Science
System verification, Model checking, formal methods, software engineering - Department of Computer Science
Digital Twinning, 5G/6G Systems - Department of Design Engineering and Mathematics
Software Engineering,Novel interaction technology and design, Data Visualization - Department of Computer Science
To apply for a British Council Fellowships for Women in STEM, you mush
- be a woman (cis-gendered or trans) or identify as non-binary
- be a passport holder and permanent resident of either Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippnies, Thailand, or Vietnam
- be available to commence your academic visiting in the UK in September/October 2023
- have not previously studied at degree level or higher in the UK or lived recently in the UK
- demonstrate a case for financial need
- be active in the field with work experience or with a proven interest in the proposed subject area.
- demonstrate that you are willing to contribute in the future to capacity-building and socio-economic advancement through the benefits achieved after visiting Middlesex University London
- agree to maintain contact with the British Council and act as an ambassador for the UK and engage with activities as part of a Scholarships for Women in STEM alumnus during and after your visiting in the UK.
- demonstrate in your application a plan and a passion to engage other women and girls in STEM from your home country
You can apply by completing either an online Scholarship Application Form or Download the WORD Form and email to STEMScholarships@mdx.ac.uk .
The deadline to apply for the scholarship is 2pm (GMT) on 6 March 2023 whereas the intervewing will take place between 21-31 March 2023.
- monthly stipend for 12 months
- return air fare
- visa (inclusive NHS health care surcharge) application fees
- Child care fees if applicable
There are four 12-month and one 6-month Fellowships available in total.
You must agree for your personal data to be shared with the British Council, who will be jointly responsible with Middlesex University London for allocating the Fellowships.
Please email any team members STEMScholarships@mdx.ac.uk with "Women in STEM" as the subject header if you have any question.